Question
Posted by: Grace | 2008/01/21

Metformin

Hi, can metformin delay your period? I'm taking 500 twice a day, my cycle is between 21-28 days, today is my 28th day & still no period. I don't want to buy a home pregnancy test, since there's a possibility of a false positive indication when you on the meds. Please assist me with any info on the topic, I went for a Lap the 1st week of November.

Thanks for your help.

No, Metformin would not delay your period. If you are on Metformin for PCOS, it may be the PCOS that is causing the delayed period.

1
Posted by: LL | 2008/01/21

No metformin cannot - it only helps with your insulin and sugar levels.

Reply to LL