Question
Posted by: metatarsalgia. | 2006/04/17

metatarsalgia.

I suspect I may have metatarsalgia. i have alot of burning and pain on the underside front end of my foot near my small , 2nd and 3rd toes. are these classic symptoms?
Can a physio sort this out?
or should i visit an orthopod? Is surgery possible?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear M
It does sound like metatarsalgia. Are you very active? This is something that usually affects athletes, but also those who wear high heels and too small shoes, are overweight, have certain foot shapes with high arches and longer second toes etc. Conservative treatment like resting, shock absorbing insoles, ice packs etc. may all help.
Non steroidal anti inflammatories may also help, but first see your doctor for a check-up and to make sure that it is what you think it is!