Posted by: metatarsalgia. | 2006/04/17


I suspect I may have metatarsalgia. i have alot of burning and pain on the underside front end of my foot near my small , 2nd and 3rd toes. are these classic symptoms?
Can a physio sort this out?
or should i visit an orthopod? Is surgery possible?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear M
It does sound like metatarsalgia. Are you very active? This is something that usually affects athletes, but also those who wear high heels and too small shoes, are overweight, have certain foot shapes with high arches and longer second toes etc. Conservative treatment like resting, shock absorbing insoles, ice packs etc. may all help.
Non steroidal anti inflammatories may also help, but first see your doctor for a check-up and to make sure that it is what you think it is!

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.