Question
Posted by: Bee | 2007/06/12

Metabolism!

Thanks for replying but I am on a low fat diet. Eat GI Low bread only. Cut out potatoes, sugur etc and my exercise consists mainly of step classes, aerobic, spinning and circuit once a week. My metabolism just seems extremely slow. I also exercise on average 3-4 times a week?

Date: 12/6/2007

Dear Bee
If you are already on a low-fat diet and including low-GI carbs and doing exercises, then I can understand that you get frustrated when your weight loss is very slow. However, I must repeat that I am not in favour of diet pills because they can have such negative effects and you can get addicted to the ones that contain epinephrine and its derivatives. You may benefit from consulting a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area) or an Endocrinologist (ask your gp to refer you).