Question
Posted by: Bee | 2007/06/08

Metabolism

Hi Doc,
I am a female whose age is 46. Im excercising regular since Oct last year but dont seem to loose weight. I know previously it took approx 10 months to see results. Is there anything on the market I can take to speed up my metabolism?
Regards,
Beulah

Dear Bee
I am personally not in favour of diet pills and drops because most of them either contain harsh laxatives or derivatives of epinephrine which has a whole list of negative side-effects, including addiction. Exercise is still the best metabolic stimulant available, but make sure that you are doing aerobic exercises (skipping, running or jogging, cycling or spinning, swimming, aerobic dancing, or brisk walking), not just exercises with weights. The latter are also important and help to firm you up, but you need to do exercises that burn energy to lose weight. In addition it will help to reduce your energy intake by using an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet).
Hang in there

2
Posted by: B | 2007/06/12

Thanks for replying but I am on a low fat diet. Eat GI Low bread only. Cut out potatoes, sugur etc and my exercise consists mainly of step classes, aerobic, spinning and circuit once a week. My metabolism just seems extremely slow. I also exercise on average 3-4 times a week?

Reply to B
Posted by: B | 2007/06/11

Regards,

Reply to B