Posted by: shy girl | 2008/07/04

messed up girl

hi im a relatively good lookoing girl or so my friends say,but i was abused when i was a i cant seem to have relationships i push men away as soon as a man comes near me i get chills.can u tell me how to get over this please im out of options now.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

See a good local psychotherapist ( probably a psychologist ) and avoid one who deal only with late effects of abuse, as too many of them are rather obsessed with the issue and may be riding their own hobby-horses rather than focussing exclusively on your own needs. Broader focussed therapy, dealing with your current problems ( such as concerns in relationships )m is most successful, rather than those which focus exclusively on abuse issues as such

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: SR | 2008/07/04

Go to the Sexual Abuse Forum , they have a great support group there

Reply to SR

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.