Question
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/03/08

Message to Anxious

Hi! I went to see the Cardiologist on the 2nd of March and he did a thorough examination and I asked a lot of questions. Unfortunately my heart has enlarged quite a lot and he gave me some more meds to see if I can get relief from my chronic fatique and dizzyness. I have to go back to see him in 6 months time to see if their are any changes.

Thank you for asking! How are you doing these days?

2
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/03/09

Thank you for the compliment. I am Afrikaans, but try my best to accommodate English-speaking people. Sorry to hear about your swelling problem. I think I would've been worried too if it was my foot! Swelling that bad can't be normal and I sincerely hope that your GP can give you an explanation when you see him tomorrow. Keep me posted. Enjoy your weekend!

Reply to Cornel
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/08

Hi Cornel

I am still in the wars! What with suddenly waking up Fri am with a badly swollen right foot. I have thin ankles so I know straight away when I get swelling - you couldn't see my ankle bone at all and by Sun even the swelling was going up my leg! I decided to go to my gp Mon am and thought I would combine my monthly blood test with him looking at my foot to save a consult! No chance! He took one look at my foot and sent my straight away for x-rays - he was worried I might have a blood clot! The swelling was so bad I had what's called pitting in my foot where when you press on the area it leaves huge indentation marks on the areas you press on. I had a venous doppler and they couldn't find anything, but said I had to have a venogram, because sometimes you can miss clots in the smaller veins. That didn't show up anything either. Its still the same, but I am going to my gp Sat for my blood test so I will get him to look at it again! Neither the radiologist nor my gp could say what's causing it! Very frustrating! But their no. 1 priority was to rule out a blood clot which they seem to do! I spent the whole day at my gp's and the Morningside Clinic x-ray dept. I left home at 09:30 and got home at 14:35! And I hadn't eaten because I was going to have my blood test which included my cholesterol test!

Sorry to hear about the xtra meds, but at least you are being closely monitored, which is good.

All the best.

PS I wish I could be as bi-lingual as you seem to be! In writing and speaking! I can speak Afrikaans quite well but when it comes to pen and paper its not nearly as good!

Reply to anxious