Question
Posted by: lindy | 2005/11/29

message for afrikaans people

HIERDIE IS 'N BOODSKAP AAN ALLE GAY AFRIKAANSE MENSE:

Moenie hiernatoe kom vir raad nie. Die "expert" en sy clique van maatjies het besluit Afrikaanse mense is nie welkom nie en ons mag GLAD NIE in afrikaans tik nie.

DIs nogal vir my snaaks, want 90% van die mense in hierdie land is Afrikaans, tog kry die Engelse altyd hul sin.

So moenie eers julle tyd hier mors nie. Dis net vir die super ryk Engelse mense.

I am actually English, but reading what the expert had to say made me throw up a little in my mouth.. this site is supposed to help EVERYONE - yet its still boiling over with PREJUDICE.

peace

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Lindy, welcome to our forum and thank you for your posting.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion and I trust others who've been following my comments and who've read your post will draw their own conclusions.

11
Posted by: Tiara | 2005/12/02

Just as I thought - no apology from Lindi (as Friend suggested). Maybe she got so sick she went to the cyberdoc forum. Well done Xpert.

Reply to Tiara
Posted by: Carla | 2005/11/30

Ditto to everything you guys have said, I've been following this thing closely and just to add my 2-cents worth, Xpert don't allow a few ppl to hijack this forum or throw it off kilter and thanks for your insightful responses. I agree with Fem - lets focus on lgbt issues and forget about the rest.

Reply to Carla
Posted by: Fem | 2005/11/30

Lindy Phone MNET they care!!! lol how pathetic can anyone be english is the most wordly spoken language in the universe, anyway we not here to talk about language its about gay & lesbian issues......Thanks Expert you have been great carry on the good work!

Reply to Fem
Posted by: Paul | 2005/11/30

Just a quick comment to Xpert - I'm impressed at your professionalism and the way you've handled this, in spite of a few really ugly insults that have been sprinkled about. Well done.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: friend | 2005/11/29

Nee, wat ou Lindie. Ek dink die hele taal issue word uit verband uit geruk. Ek lees die ander xperts se kommentaar ook en ek moet sê, hierdie expert op die webblad weet waarvan hy praat. En hy doen regtig moeite met sy antwoorde - dis 'n voorreg om van so 'n ou se dienste te kan gebruik maak en ons moet net lof en waardering daarvoor hê.
Ek verstaan jou woede oor ons taal, en ek dink die ouens moet begrip he daarvoor dat 'n mens jou soms in jou moedertaal die beste uitdruk, maar om as gevolg van taal nie hier hulp te wil vra nie is bietjie vergesog. Dink jy nie ook so nie?
Dink 'n bietjie weer en vra om verskoning????

Reply to friend
Posted by: Faan | 2005/11/29

Relax Lindy, for goodness sake there is absolutely no need for you to get so upset and emotional - the expert is being fair and just and inclusive and he's taking a stand based on that. You're not under attack, no-one is - he's not trying to exclude anybody, he's trying to INCLUDE everybody. Step back and just think about it again - clamly - and go read his comments again. This is a great forum where everyone should feel welcome and where everyone is equal, irrespective of their language. The most common language is English - so English it will be! As simple as that, nothing more and nothing less. So stop with the hysteria, OK?

Reply to Faan
Posted by: K. | 2005/11/29

Lindy, your message is harsh and unkind, it looks like you missed the whole point of what Xpert is saying, you obviously haven't read (or understood) his statements, which I think are very clear. We are all equal - gay and straight, black and white, Zulu and Xhosa, Afrikaans and Sotho. I'd like to know where you get your facts from, since when are 90% of South Africans Afrikaans? Look around you Lindy.

It seems it is not Xpert who's prejudiced. En ek is nie ryk of Engels nie. Maar ek is trots om gay te wees en in die vervolg sal ek gerus in Engels hier kuier.

Reply to K.
Posted by: Tammycdtv | 2005/11/29

The weirdest thing of all about this is that Afrikaans speaking people, generally, have nothing to fear when speaking English - they do it much better than I, for example, speak Afrikaans.

Reply to Tammycdtv
Posted by: Zoey | 2005/11/29

I agree withTammycdtv, you can not expect the expert to be able to comm. in all the diff languages. Whats wrong with english? If you dont know how to say something in english ask. You might learn something!
No need to make this a language issue.

Reply to Zoey
Posted by: Sibusiso | 2005/11/29

Hello Lindy,

I don't know which land you are refering to when you say that 90% of people are afrikaans. That is certainly not the case in South Africa.

Perhaps your land is a vacuum.

Oh, and please type your reply to me in Zulu as I am Zulu.

S

Reply to Sibusiso
Posted by: Tammycdtv | 2005/11/29

You read the whole post by the expert, right?

So you, personally, are prepared to handle all the Sotho questions?

Or maybe you speak ChiVenda fleuntly?

Get off your high horse.

Reply to Tammycdtv