Question
Posted by: fiesty | 2007/08/26

mesed around at work

ws filn position 4 lady got on maternity leave. Did al her work n mine 4 5 mnths. Bos didnt hav any probs wit me. Im been in d comp 4 almst a yr nw. Dis lady jus returnd 4 maternity leave. D bos tok al d work away 4rm me n gav it 2 her. Even stuf i usd 2 do. Wen d bos wnts 2 giv me work he cums in2 d ofice dat she n i share n he tels her 2 tel me dat i mus do dis work. Im sitn rite der 2 feet away n listenin 2 al dis why cnt he cum n tel me directly. He n i hav workd 2getr 4 so many mnths nw al of a suden he cnt talk 2 me. Im in d proces of lukn 4 oda job. Pls advise hw 2 handle dis situation.

I'm with jcat, here --- I do hope the contorted way you wrote this message doesn't represent the way you communicate at work, or this might explain a lot of what you're complaining about ! Seriously, is there an HR person or unit you can discuss this with ? It sounds like bad manners on the part of the boss --- while the other woman was away on maternity leave, did he communicate directly with you in a normal way then ? Why not also discuss this with your colleague, who may know him better than you do, and may be able to help you understand what's going on and what might be the best way to handle it ?

2
Posted by: fiesty | 2007/08/27

this not how i communicate at work. Just wrote like that. He did communicate with me in a normal manner. Cannot discuss with collegue. She is a telltale. Dont have hr manager because this is a family owned business. Not my family.

Reply to fiesty
Posted by: jcat | 2007/08/26

Umm...I'd suggest possibly learning how to communicate in one of the official languages. Maybe - gasp! - even learn how to spell as well. SMS-talk is for just that: SMSing.

Reply to jcat