Question
Posted by: Luckybean | 2004/12/20

Merge Imminent now scared

Well I feel it in my bones that my boyfriend of a few years is going to propose. I've been teasing and hinting about it at times and get fed up every now and then because I live on my own BUT now I'm really nervous and not sure if he does ask, how I will react. I have lived on my own for quite awhile and so has he - we are both very indenpendent, (all our children have left home)so how is this going to work. Am i selfish. I would like to have the companionship and I know that I will not be left with the chores and the cooking etc,....but I am scared. One gets a little slack living by oneself so now I will have to jack myself a bit.......

Well, sometimes, even getting what you asked for / wished for, may be disturbing, especially when it implies a major shift in your lifestyle. Maybe tidying up your lifestyle wouldn't be a bad thing, either

1
Posted by: Dizzy Des | 2004/12/20

I have recently just moved in with my boyfriend and let me be the first to tell you that it isn't easy!! It's a very big adjustment having to share your space with someone when you have become independant. My boyfriend and I are also both very indepedant people and I think I can safely say that living together has been such a challenge for me....probably one of my greatest.

But, despite all of the hard times, the arguments, the tears and even some temporary regrets.....it was all worth it!! To be with a man who you truly loves you and who honestly cares for you is the best thing in the world!

Remember this: a ship was not built to stay in the docks.

You need to take these risks to find your way. If you believe in your heart that you are doing the right thing, then GO FOR IT!!! Embrace the experince. Give it everything you've got. And leave the rest to fate & destiny.

Wish you all the best!

Dizzy Des

Reply to Dizzy Des