Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2006/11/14

Mercilon post preg

Hi, I had a caesar on the 14th June and then breast fed my daughter for just short of 2 months. I had my first mentrual cycling in Septemebr and my gynae put me on mercilon. My first period lasted for about 4 weeks and I have been bleeding on and off since then. The only time I never bled was when I was supposed to on the pill cycle. I have now started again but it seems to come and go. I was wondering whether it takes a while for your body and cycle to adapt and if this is normal. The bleeding is also accompanied by pains at the top of my stomach - almost in the bottom of my rib cage right across my stomach - could these be connected? Can you please advise what you think I should do.

It can take a while for your body to adjust to a new Pill but the pains are not normal. I would suggest that you see your doctor again.