Question
Posted by: Cricket Fan | 2011/03/26

Mental Strength

What happened to my post ? Surely a question of mental strength is applicable?

I saw your post, and replied to it as follows :
" There's no doubt that the Protea's choke in a way that other nation's cricket teams don't, and in a way that other SA national sports teams don't do. And this was not always so, but is a relatively recent problem.
Maybe I should look into this. What intrigues me is that whereas in the old days our teams did not show this conspicuous weakness, it has emerged when they have far more coaches, physios and sports psychologists at hand, as never before.
I don't think it's arrogance,
I doubt there's any existing program to deal with this - no other major team seems to suffer from it so consistently, and how could you evaluate such a proposed program without an ability to test and measure it's benefits in such a team ?
Denying that it exists, as the Proteas routinely do, is certainly no help at all.
And the team idn't play dismally against NZ - when bowling they did pretty well, and some batsmen were OK - it was the middle order that collapsed, as usual, and yet even then they nearly made it. "

2

I don't think it's arrogance,

I don't think it's arrogance,