Posted by: Wiki | 2008/10/13

Mental Illness?

I think I might have a mild case of Schizophrenia. I' ve been like this since I can remember, but I' ve been too scared to tell anybody.
I think everything is a conspiracy against me. I believe people who I' ve been friends with for over 10 years already, are plotting against me and that any second now, their plan will come together and something horrible will happen to me. Everytime people talk to me or tell me something, I believe they are testing me. I believe that nobody, not even my family, likes me, although I' ve been assured many times that that isn' t the case. I" m extremely paranoid most of the time, but I can control it and keep it to myself. But it ruins my way of life, and I can' t handle it any more...
Also, I' ve been struggeling with my libido since about 2005. I was fine, and all of a sudden I just lost it. My boyfriend of 10 years have been very patient and wonderful about it, but I know it must be bothering him. I just don' t know what to do anymore. I' ve tried lubricants and sex stimulating pills etc. It just doesn' t work. Although, I must also add that every so once in a while (about once every 2-3 months) , my libido is fine, and it' s as if nothing' s wrong. But it' s only once, and then it goes away again for long...
I don' t know if the two conditions might be related?
I know I have to see a psychologist/psychiatrist for help, but I can' t afford it. Will a GP be able to help?

Thank you for your time.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Firstly, don't be scared. Whatever the problem, it can probably be solved, but only if you open yourself to the proper help. You do indeed sound rather paranoid, and this indeed CAN be part of some forms of schizophrenia ( and responds well to medication ) but io also potentially part of a personality problem, which can be exacerbated by other problems like stress or depression.
A Gp might be a fair first port of call, but it would help to be sen by a good local psychiatrist, either privately for a sessiopn or two for assessment, diagnosis and treatment recommendations ( which the GP could oversee from then on ) or at a styate hospital or clinic. It will be worth it

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Wiki | 2008/10/14

Thank you for answering.

Reply to Wiki

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.