Posted by: Cleo | 2009/03/23

Mental health

Hi. My sister was borm with mild brain dysfunction due to pregnancy complications. She went to normal school and even passed matric! But is now almost 30 with a child and is not coping. Her personal hygiene and in her home is terrible and she cannot keep a job. She is always depressed and not coping. I don' t know if she needs a psychiatrist or neuro doctor or what? Please help with advise. Our parents passed away 10 yrs ago and this has become my problem and I am not sure what to do.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Probably a psychiatrist in the first instance ( who is also a qualified medical doctor ) for a full assessment. This may be mainly a Depression, for instance, which can respond well to meds and the right sort of counselling.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.