Question
Posted by: Debs | 2004/02/17

Menstuation

Hi Doc,

Can you please help? Is there anything that I can buy from a pharmacy to stop my monthly menstual cicles. I went on the injection for two years and I didn't have any menstual cycles, but I left the injection, cause I've picked up +- 20kg. Is there anything else than I can use to stop this.

Thank you,

You can have a Mirena (IUD) fitted, which will also decrease and eventually take your periods away.

Call Schering for more information on the Mirena.

2
Posted by: Cj | 2004/02/18

The other alternative is to have a hysterectomy,l which a doctor will only perform if your menstruation is causing you extreme health problems.

Reply to Cj
Posted by: Woman | 2004/02/17

Why on earth do you want to stop yourself from menstruating? That's the way God made women, that is how our bodies work!

Reply to Woman