Posted by: Debs | 2004/02/17


Hi Doc,

Can you please help? Is there anything that I can buy from a pharmacy to stop my monthly menstual cicles. I went on the injection for two years and I didn't have any menstual cycles, but I left the injection, cause I've picked up +- 20kg. Is there anything else than I can use to stop this.

Thank you,

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

You can have a Mirena (IUD) fitted, which will also decrease and eventually take your periods away.

Call Schering for more information on the Mirena.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Cj | 2004/02/18

The other alternative is to have a hysterectomy,l which a doctor will only perform if your menstruation is causing you extreme health problems.

Reply to Cj
Posted by: Woman | 2004/02/17

Why on earth do you want to stop yourself from menstruating? That's the way God made women, that is how our bodies work!

Reply to Woman

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.