Question
Posted by: urgent | 2007/07/11

menstruation and pregnancy

Does anyone know what the chances are of falling pregnant if you have unprotected sex during menstruation? I need to know if i must take the morning after pill or not. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

It is uncommon but not impossible, Take the emergency pill to be safe.

3
Posted by: anon | 2007/07/12

according to the calendar you will be ovulating from 20-25 july so chances are highly unlikely. use protection in future to avoid preg and std's

Reply to anon
Posted by: urgent | 2007/07/12

I started my period on the 09/07/07 and has unprotected sex on the 10/07/07. My period is always regular and i have a 28 day cycle.

Reply to urgent
Posted by: anon | 2007/07/11

there is a chance. when was the first day of your period and how long are your cycles and are they regular? and when did you have unprotected sex? sperm can live btw 3-5 days (some say up to 7 days) inside your body so if they 'hang around' till ovulation then it is likely to fall preg especially if you have cycles that are shorter than 28 days. with 30 day cycle a women would ovulate 14 days before the start of her next period. this is when you are likely to fall preg. if you r worried take the morning after pill and be careful in future, if u dont want to be preg then take the necessary precautions.

Reply to anon