Question
Posted by: Teddy bear | 2004/11/22

Menstruation after 12 years of nothing.

I havent menstruated for 12 years due to obtaining 3-month contraceptive injection. Now menstruating for 3rd week - lots of pain and clots. Have been to dr who gave me antibiotic but it is not clearing. Surely there must be some explanation of this. I thought it could be endometriosis but reading up on this, it seems unlikely.
One advise says it is normal...I dont believe that after 12 years of non-menstruation.

You don't say when you stopped the injection. You can often have irregular bleeding after stopping the injection as the uterine lining gets back to normal.]

Best wsihes

1
Posted by: LISA | 2004/11/22

Please go for a Bond Density Test. After 12 years of Depo Provera, you are bound to have low bone density by now.

Reply to LISA