Question
Posted by: Talita | 2007/07/30

Menstruation

I am a 17 year old girl and I am getting my periods regularly. Blood tests have shown I have high levels of testosterone, and I am insulin resistant. I am treating this with glucophage. I am not very overweight, 66kg, 1.7m tall. My question is, my periods are very light. So light that I bleed for maybe 3 days, and only one night. It really is very very light. I don't suffer from pain, but discomfort, and the odd cramp in my rectum. Why are my periods so light?

It may be that you aer not ovulating. The high testosterone and insulin resistance go with PCOS, which can cause you not to ovulate. This can be checked with a blood test.