Question
Posted by: baby | 2005/06/01

menstruating twice a month

Please help, I am a fourty one year old mother of two. I am a caual smoker and drinker. My problem is that i have my periods twice a month and have never been to a doctor regarding this. My flow is quiet heavy and it last for up to seven days at a time. No hot flushes. Is there something to worry about or this my body getting ready for menopause. I feel that I permanently have PMS and this affects my life at home and work in a negative way.

It could be due to perimenopause but it could also be something more serious, such as a problem with your uterus. You should see a doctor.