Posted by: malume tee | 2008/09/07

menstrual periods changes times

my paterner' s periods just changes sometimes are four days late or two. when this happens I tell myself that she' s now pregnant. It has been three years now seriouly looking for a child. Help me please because she experiences painful periods.

Dear Malume Tee

If she is experiencing painful periods and has irregular cycles then she may possibly be having either endometriosis and in addition a possible ovulation problem. If however it occurs every month that her menstrual period is between 2 and 4 days late then this will not indicate an ovulation problem as she may just be having a cycle length of 32 to 34 days. To test whether ovulation is occurring or not I would suggest you see your doctor so that he can do a blood test in the mid-luteal phase of the menstrual cycle. In addition my advise is for your doctor to assess if you have any endometriosis by doing a laparoscopy and at the same time one can check if the fallopian tubes are patent or not.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

Posted by: Sweetness | 2008/09/08

Hi Malume

You are a caring man, did she go to Doctor yet. Perhaps she needs to see a fertility speciality and also get checked out for endometriosis becasue I had the same problem when I had it. Anyway, lets hope the expert will respond to your concern.

Thanks and gudluck

Reply to Sweetness