Question
Posted by: Francesca | 2004/01/12

Menstrual pains

Did not have any pain for first three years after I started mentruating. But this month, I am suddenly started
experiencing very severe lower abdominal cramps which are constant all day. Would a hot water bottle help, if so where exactly do I place it? And is there a particular position that I can lie in which would help ease the cramping? Any other ideas for easing the cramps apart from painkillers and exercise etc...??

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Francesca

There are wonderful products on the market for period pains, it is not necessary 2 suffer from period pain any longer. Go and look for modural a pill that you take orally, that is wonderful. But if you don't want 2 take pills, the hot water bottle will work, place it on your pelvic area and do some brieving exercises. There are also fab creams that you can buy and massage the pelvic area to take away the cramps.

T

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/09/18

Well....Iv had 3 kids n the pains pretty much intense,hwever unlike child birth it can b stoped...wit sum nurofen n a hot water bottle,u shud feel better in no tym

Posted by: Kezia | 2004/01/14

Also been battling so I went to the doctor who has recommended 2 wonderful painkillers. 1 is the over the counter painkiller - Norflex and the other is a prescription that he has given me for a combination of Ponstel and Scopex. If you don't want to go the doctor route, the Norflex works really well. Also I know exercise is the last thing you feel like doing but even just going for a walk helps. And if all else fails curling up in bed with a book and a chocolate always makes me feel better. Good Luck.

Reply to Kezia
Posted by: bad | 2004/01/13

i know wat u mean,,i get it every month..since i got my period,,im now 21...and the pains r unbearable,i actually turn pale in my face..and get dizzy spells ..feel totally claustrofobic.and due to that i get very irritable with mood swings.i cannot walk....and have to sit with my legs crossed coz it also pains in my thighs...i cannot sleep.due to it...a hot water bottle helps abit.....towards the lower abdomen,,,but i do sit ups....and push ups,.,,,,somehow that makes the pain abit less..and drink lots of water....but exercise helps.....
i heard that if u have bad period pains,,,,,birth wud be less painful...i duno if thats a myth though

Reply to bad