Question
Posted by: latish | 2007/12/04

MENSTRUAL CYCLE RETURNS AFTER LAP.

Hi doc , I have been a pcos sufferer & trying to concieve from 2005,never had a normal period every month had to take provera until I under went laparoscopy this year June,got my first normal period on 03.12.07 for which I am so happy,I had been for a check with gynae in September & his scan showed that I had no cysts on my ovaries & blood test showed that I had low progesterone so he prescribed provera to bring on a period since I did not start menstruating after lap & 50mg of clomid as well as the pregnyle injection.Please advise whether I should take the clomid & injection or must I just wait for this month & check whether I do ovulate normally without the medication.
Is there a chance that I could ovulate normally this month or should I just take the prescibed medication to increase my chances of falling pregnant.
Thank you.

It wouldn't do any harm to wait a month. But then do check for ovulation.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/12/05

It is really tricky, I also try and decide at the beginning of each cycle whether I should try natural or medicated.

I think you should try the Clomid, although it is not a guarantee that it will work i think it does incr your chances. Please read my reply to another post a few days ago posted by
OvulationGranny where I discuss what i do to manage my PCOS.

Reply to Dee