Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2007/03/26

Menstrual Cycle Daughter

Hi Gynea Doc,

My daughter turning nine next Tuesday started her period yesterday. I'm still in shock as to me it is very young.

My question is are there any hormone tablets i can give her to prolong he body changing so fast. She's very tall and already starting to get breasts and hair and don't want her to grow up before her time.

Nine is a normal age to start puberty and all of these changes. There is nothing you can do to stop the process. You need to get your head around this so that you can be supportive to her.

2
Posted by: Dee | 2007/03/26

Just out of interest do you buy non-Free Range Chicken? I heard a story of how a girl developed very fast due to eating chicken that had been treated with hormones. Just a thought.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: carla | 2007/03/26

my niece started her period at the same age. it however stopped for a long time and then came back in a 2 or years. nothing to worry about

Reply to carla