Question
Posted by: mmm | 2004/02/08

Menstrual cycle change

I have lost 11 kg in the past 7 months,with about 7 in the last 3.I've recently left my husband, mentally & emotionally I'm doing well. What is concerning me is that my cycle has changed dramatically.I usually bleed for about 5 days,ranging from very mild to heavy then back again.I have been bleeding for the past 18 days.First 3/4 days were only spotting & now it's very mild. I know stress & sudden weight loss can change your cycle, but should I be worried or even go see someone?

Stress and weight loss should not cause an 18 day bleed. I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist.