Question
Posted by: Jaja | 2007/08/09

Menstrual cycle and the Pill

Hi, I have been taking Yasmin for quite a few years due to acne problems. I am not sexually active.

My problem is this: Somewhere along the lines of taking the Pill I skipped a day or two and for the last couple of months I've been getting my period about a wek BEFORE I should start using the inactive pills. It is the same every month and I'm not too worried, but would just like to know what I can do to go back to starting my period in the inactive section (silver section)???

My period only lasts about 5 days and its over before I start the inactive pills, which means each time I start a new packet I take the inactive pills whilst not having my period.

The last two days I have also not taken the Pill due to my supply running out. I bought a new packet today (and ofcourse I am not on my period)....I want to know if it would be best to wait for my period to start again before I continue with taking the Pills or should I just go ahead and take the inactive pills again????

Please advise

If you skipped the Pill a few months ago, this should not still be having an effect. It sounds like you are having breakthrough bleeding. This may mean that you need a different pill. If you have skipped some pills, you should carry on with the next pill that you would have taken after the two days.