Posted by: Blondie | 2008/07/30

Menstrual cycle

How long is the normal menstrual cycle? 28 days? Could it be more than 28 days?

I have passed the 28 days (29 days today) and still no sign of my periods. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. My breasts are now feeling tender and my ovaries feel sensitive. The glands in my groin are also swollen and sensitive.

I have no idea what' s going on, should I wait a couple more days and do another test or should I see my doctor?

Urgent replies will be appreciated.

I would suggest that you repeat the test in a few days if your period does not start. Cycles can vary by a few days though.

Posted by: JB | 2008/07/30

It can be more than 28 days - mine is 34 days. If you are pregnant a pregnancy test will only pick it up about 5 days after you have missed your period.

Reply to JB