Question
Posted by: Suzy | 2003/12/03

Menstral Irregularities

Hi there,
I'm a lady of twenty three yrs. I have an history of menstral irregularities, ever since I started my period it hasn't been regular, my cycle has been prolonged likewise the duration (i.e I bleed for about ten or more days and I dont usually see my period every month).
I was placed on a course progesterone supplement (prinolat tablets) for a cycle and also on (clomiphene) for two cycles during which I experienced severe breast pains. The doc. stopped the medication and I was placed on multivitamins for another two months due to heavy bleeding.
There seem to be no improvement and I'm worried. I quickly want to emphasize that I have never been on any contraceptive before or presently because am not sexually active. Please I wish to know if there is a solution to this problem and the solution. Please help!!!!

You should see a gynaecologist to check for PCOS. If you are not sexually active and do not wish to fall pregnant at this time, the oral contraceptive would be the firstline treatment to regulate your cycle.

1
Posted by: lucy | 2003/12/04

i also had irregular periods since the first time i got them. i went to my doctor and he put me on triphasil. ever since i have had a normal period - 4 to 5 days, once a month and always on the same day. i've never seen sexually active and it doesn't mean that if you're on the pill that you are. you do get pills that are used for regulating periods.

Reply to lucy