Question
Posted by: Pips | 2006/04/12

Menopause with acne

I have been diagnosed with menopause about 18 months ago by my gynae. So far Ive tried 4 different HRT's all of them take away my hot flushes but none help with my acne. I have acne especially on my jaw area. They are quiet painful and look awful. My gynae seems to think it should not bother me. He says that it is an absolute MUST that I be on HRT cos Im only 32 and that the acne will sort itself out. Im now fedup and frustrated after 18 months of looking like Im goin thru puberty again.
I dont want any more kids and did have a prev prob with acne which Triphasil sorted out beautifully. Whats the cause of my acne and what can I take?

If yu are menopausal at 32, I agree that it is important to take HRT. Why don't you see a dermatologist about the acne. There are other non-hormonal treatments available.