Question
Posted by: Cappy Dec | 2007/05/14

Menopause Symtoms

I am 35 years old, I have endometriosis, was diagnosed 12 years ago and have been on Nordette for 9 yeas to help withthis. The past two years have been an up and down journey with my body.

At first my periods used to start on time but gradually got longer and longer up to a point where I would bleed for 10 days. It then, all of a sudden stopped, for 9 months I did not have any period except an ocassional spotting of a brownish fluid, which was also quite painful. Now, after 9 months of nothing I have started again but this time not blood as such but again this brownish fluid.

I have a few things that I have been experiencingover the last 14 months:- my face is always red and feels like a pulse, I have very bad sweats at night and have to keep getting out of bed to cool down, I am extremely moody and surprise myself sometimes, and for someone who has always revelled in having such a fantastic memory - I now am very forgetful! Ihave picked up 10kg's over the last 6 months as well. I have had a ECG, Blood pressure and Cholestral test and all is fine.

Please can you advise if these symtoms and what Ihave explained could be the start of menopause. I have an appointment with my gynae in July (earliest I could get) so would really appreciate your comments for now.

Many thanks

Cappy Dec

It is possible that these symptoms are related to menopause but there could also be other causes such as thyroid disease or PCOS, so you will have to wait and see what your gynaecologist says.