Question
Posted by: CarolC | 2005/11/30

Menopause & back ache

I am 44 yrs old and have been suffering from upper back/neck pain for nearly a year which caused depression. I am taking anti-depressants which have helped a lot. I am suffering from night sweats. I tested negative for menopause (still getting a monthly period).
The back pain has been tested by various specialists, the only result I got was that my joints have degenerated.

My question is: can menopause be contributing to my back ache - could there be a link and if so - how do I cure myself?

I doubt that menopause will be the cause of your backacke. Joint degeneration is a far more likely explanation.