Question
Posted by: Mother | 2008/01/15

Menopause at 40?

I am curious whether it is possible to strike change of life at 40? My hair has turned from Natural curly to straight dead hear, I have little hairs coming out on my chin , I get sweaty very quickly, my menstruations has become irregular, or is this possibly just a hormone inbalance? I am very much over weight as well, need to lose at least 30 kgs. I am turning 40 in 2 weeks.

Dear Mother
Yes one can have menopause earlier than the average woman (which is around 47 years) Best would be to ask your GP or Gyne to check your FSH hormone levels to confirm.