Question
Posted by: Hopeful | 2005/12/09

menopause 'kicking' in?

I had a hysterectomy/oopherectomy in Oct 2001. I am at present using Climara patch. I sometimes go without this for a week or two or even more. I am wearing a patch right now. For the past week I have been experiencing awful night sweats, I feel hot all over and worst of all, I am afraid of the dark more than ever. (I have always been afraid of the dark - will never sleep alone in a room). Am I going through menopause? I do know that women who have gone for hysterectomies when they are still young (I was 39), will go into menopause at an earlier age than other women. Please give me any advice you may have. Can I take additional supplements with the Climara patch? I am taking the following at present: Ferrous Forte, Calpin Plus, and Pro-Oxidin. Thank you. P.S. Can you refer me to someone who can help me re fear of darkness, please?

If you had an oophorectomy, your ovaries were removed and you were menopausal from that time. Try using the patch regularly and it should help your symptoms. Try CyberShrink for advice on the fear of the dark.