Posted by: samb | 2008/07/21

Am I going through menopause? Periods stop for a few months then start up again and are regular then stop again for a few months, I am 47. No other symptoms i.e. hot flashes etc. Just putting on a lot of weight particularly in abdominal area, feel fat and bloated up - tried the Oranje Diet and lost nothing even though stuck to diet plan and injections - can beginning of menopause cause this increase in weight and how do I prevent it as feeling really fat and fed up - was always around 56-57 kg now suddently up to 70kg in last year and mostly around abdominal area which is now fat with rolls. How long does ti take for full menopause once periods start becoming so irregular?

The term 'middle aged spread' is real. You have to stick to a much stricter diet and execrise program than before.
The time till your periods stop altogether can vary a lot.