Question
Posted by: Sai_001 | 2007/04/21

Menopause

Can anyone please help me out here, my mum is 49 years old and for the past 5 years she has been on medication to regulate her periods, can you tell me if there is any other medication that can be taken. Also she tends to get alot of hot flushes during the day and night. Can you tell me what causes this and what medication can be taken for this condition.

You don't say what medication she is on to regulate her periods, so I cannot comment. Hot flushes are a sign of the menopause and usually HRT helps.