Question
Posted by: Mary | 2004/11/15

Menopause

I am having hot flushes during the day and night and it is becoming unbearable. I am taking tre-en-en for menopause but I dont seem to have any relief. What would you suggest.

I am not familiar with tre-en-en. You may need HRT. Discuss this with your gynaecologist.

1
Posted by: Lisa | 2004/11/15

Soya rich foods and foods high in phyto-oestrogens may help, but it would be best to see your gynaecologist. You may require HRT, which could also be beneficial to your bones.

Phyto-oestrogens are naturally occurring substances in food that have a hormone-like action in the body that makes them able to relieve symptoms of the menopause. They are found in a variety of fruits and vegetables, but most notably in soya, chickpeas, lentils, raisins and, the richest source, red clover. These contain the most beneficial type of phyto-oestrogens

Reply to Lisa