Question
Posted by: An | 2004/11/22

Menieres Disease

My mother has been diagnosed with Menieres disease. (symptoms are extreme nausea, vertigo, fainting etc). I want to send her to a specialist for treatment, but who or which kind of specialist must we go to? An ENT? Is there a Menieres support group in PE and/or Jhb as it is having a severe impact on our lives as she was a very independent social person, but now cannot drive anymore and cannot be alone in case she has an attack.

An, the best would be to first see an ENT specialist and have the diagnosis confirmed. He will be able to refer you if necessary and also tell you whether there is a support group in your area. Good luck.