Question
Posted by: GHS | 2007/03/13

Men's clothes sizes

I started dieting and working out a year ago. I've already lost the equivalent of 3 trouser sizes (from a 44 to a 38). I recently used the body size calculator on this site. According to that I have to be 96 cm around my waist and 116 cm around my hip. I'm trying to get a mental picture of the size. Could you help? I'd like to know what size men trousers that will be and how much a person must approximately weigh be 96 cm around the waist.

Dear GHS
I must admit that you have me stumped. If you are already a size 38 then your waist should be 97 cm (I am working with Woolworths' size 38 men's trousers) and that would mean you weigh about 89 kg?? Thus if you reduce your waist by another 1 cm to 96 cm, then you would probably have to weigh about 85 kg, but that is just an educated guess.

1
Posted by: Tiny | 2007/03/14

Hi there ,

I am 125kgs and wear a size 40 most or the time ( 102cm). But
there are some pants that I can get into at a size 38. So I don't think it is your weight that is a factor as to what size you wear , it is where you carry that weight.

Reply to Tiny