Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2005/12/09

Men behaving like babies

Why is it that men behave like babies when sick and how do one handle them?

My Bf went to dentist yesterday. Only did a new tooth fitted over broken one. He was such a baby. Complained about his tooth, jaw, neck, headache, mouth, cheeks etc. Not that I am not insensitive.

I went to dentist a couple of months ago, had root canal done, was in a car accident driving back to work, broke leg on three places, had to cut me out of my car, spent almost two weeks in ICU . Thank you Lord I am almost okay now! But my complains fell on death ears.

Are men just looking for simpathy? Even a common cold turns out to be an storm in a teacup. Drives me CRAZY!!!!

Maybe it's because men brought up with the mischievous Big Boys Don't Cry lie, anly fel able to ask for and accept such caring and spoiling and sympathy when sick ?

8
Posted by: Wendyy | 2005/12/09

i love playing nurse to my boyfriend, he's such a baby at times. i just laugh it off, i'll be in the kitchen preparing someting for him to eat and he'll just cough and cough so that i can sit next to him or put a blanket over him and i love it.
Don't see it as being a baby, men enjoy the attention we give them. Its really bad if ur man doesn't play Doc when u sick and expect u to play Nurse when he's sick.

Reply to Wendyy
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/09

it's not that men behave like babies... it's women who feel responsible when they see someone in pain... and we end up getting all nurturing........ and when we have the pain... we feel to guilty to burden anyone........ men do it the right way :-)

Reply to ...
Posted by: Frank Lee | 2005/12/09

I have sympathy for what you have been through Zoe and I'm really glad that you are on the mend.

HOWEVER, I think that you should shange the MEN to, "my bf". Not all men complain the way he does. You have made a very general staement.

Reply to Frank Lee
Posted by: Frank Lee | 2005/12/09

Reply to Frank Lee
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/09

Only time we can get the attention WE DESERVE. (LoL)

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: ZeeZee | 2005/12/09

Oh they get so cute when they are like this...I also love giving my guy all the TLC that he needs...one day when they are not there anymore you can at least think of all those times that you pampered him and you will have no regrets

Reply to ZeeZee
Posted by: Wife | 2005/12/09

Me too I like playing nurse, my husband thinks he is going to die when he has flu. Yes men are like babies but I dont mind becuase when I am sick he makes a big deal in making sure that I am ok.

Reply to Wife
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/09

I know people say men are like that. My husband also is abit "sicker" just so I can play nurse....I do it & enjoy it.

But I am also like that. Oh i'm a BABY. I mean I carry on & do things, but when i dont have to do anything & I can lie down while others run after me. I Love it!!....
Who doesnt like love & tender care when you feel sick.

Reply to Delene