Question
Posted by: enash | 2004/10/25

men!

my ex boyfreind and i had a rough relationship and were supposed to move to australia together but i ended up not going. when he left we decided to be friends and are very close. i have now met another man and its been going on for a month. its just the ex is coming back next year and he said if i have found someone else i wont ever see him again. im totally stuck between giving up a good boyfriend and losing my best friend and its really getting to me! help please!

I agree with the other comments

5
Posted by: marconi_love | 2004/10/26

Soooo what if you do not see your x again. Life goes on and you meet new friends ect ect. Get real don,t let your life turn around one person. You have a new guy, you like him and have a great relationship. If your x (friend) comes back, carry on with your life. If he wants to great you he will do so. If he does not, so be it. You have a new life, do not keep on holding onto old stones.

Reply to marconi_love
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/26

Hi enash,
The ex is being a bit selfish here and if the relationship was rough but the friendship good you need to decide whether you want a friend like this or not and whether you want to give up your chances with the new chap. You need to decide whether YOU want to be happy or not and choose the one that makes you happy, maybe it is the ex, maybe not, maybe the new chap, maybe not but don't bind yourself because of guilt feelings or that you perhaps feel you owe the ex, you owe nobody except yourself.

Whatever you decide may you find happiness and be at peace with yourself no matter what the result, either a lost friendship which wasn't real if he breaks it or a nice relationship you can build on.

Good luck.
Take Care.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: Suzan | 2004/10/25

Thats unfair for your ex to say that? Thats like black mail. If your are just friends you can see who you like? If you are getting on well with your new beau, stay with him. After all it didnt work with the ex otherwise you would be with him now. Why waste your time again re doing 'a rough relationship'??

Reply to Suzan
Posted by: Annie | 2004/10/25

Spend time with the new one and only time will tell. You should tell him about your ex who is coming back and see how he feels. For all you know your ex could hae met someone too but wont tell you. You arnt a nun and your ex cant expect you to sit around and wait for him.

Reply to Annie
Posted by: FS | 2004/10/25

Wake up he is just a friend,or do u still feel more for him.??? If he is atrue friend he will accept youre new boyfriend,and not make foolish remarks to you. So he does not have a girlfriend over there?? I bet he does.

Tell him you met someone,if he does not like it...well then he is not youre friendship worth.

FS

Reply to FS