Question
Posted by: Brainless | 2007/02/21

memory problems

Hi CS and everyone else.
I am having a serious problem with my memory. And it is starting to cause problems in my relationship with my bf. He will phone and ask me to do something wen i get home, and i will get home and forget about it. Then he gets cross. Not unreasonably cross, but its important things that i forget.

And the strange thing is that i suffer from extreme anxiety! I am always worrying or stressing about something. Like i have a 2yr old son, whome i love, but my bf says we live like old ppl cuz i never want to do anything cuz i worry that if we go here or there, my son wont sleep properly or he will be too much of a handful to take to certain places, instead of just thinking positive.

It is really causing problems for me and i need to get it sorted out. I dont go to gym, cuz i have no one to watch my son while i go. I am even scared to ask my mom to watch him if we go out cuz i worry that she will think i am a bad parent. Is there anything i can do or take to stop this anxiety and the negative thinking and forgetfulness.

Please help me, any response will be much appreciated.
Thank You in advance

Dear Brainless
The way you describe this, you have anxiety symptoms that already impact negatively on your every day life - I really think you must speak to your GP so that he can prescribe you some medication and seeing a psycologist to teach you some stress management methods may be very useful. Also get yourself some Vit B complex and Calmag supplements.
See www.anxiety.org.za
Put your son in his buggy and walk for 20 mins around the block in the afternoons or get yourself a secondhand exercise bike! Get yourself a small notebook and write things down or buy yourself some post-it notes to stick in obvious places to remind you to do things.