Question
Posted by: brainless | 2007/02/21

Memory problems

Hi CS and everyone else.
I am having a serious problem with my memory. And it is starting to cause problems in my relationship with my bf. He will phone and ask me to do something wen i get home, and i will get home and forget about it. Then he gets cross. Not unreasonably cross, but its important things that i forget.

And the strange thing is that i suffer from extreme anxiety! I am always worrying or stressing about something. Like i have a 2yr old son, whome i love, but my bf says we live like old ppl cuz i never want to do anything cuz i worry that if we go here or there, my son wont sleep properly or he will be too much of a handful to take to certain places, instead of just thinking positive.

It is really causing problems for me and i need to get it sorted out. I dont go to gym, cuz i have no one to watch my son while i go. I am even scared to ask my mom to watch him if we go out cuz i worry that she will think i am a bad parent. Is there anything i can do or take to stop this anxiety and the negative thinking and forgetfulness.

Please help me, any response will be much appreciated.
Thank You in advance

Usually, such memory problems arise when, for whatever reason, you are no paying sufficient attention to the thing you need to remember, so it isn't being entered in memory properly, and thus isn't avvailable to be retrieved from memory. And severe anxiety is excellent at producing that effect and interfering with memory
You really sound as though you are suffering from an Anxiety Disorder, perhaps with some features of Depression, too, which, fortunately, can respond really well to basic treatments. Best of all, if one can find such a counsellor locally, is Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT counselling ) which is practical, sensible, brief, and highly effective. Some medications may help along the way, but concentrating on CBT, which specifically focusses on those fabits of negative thinking, is brilliant in its benefits.

2
Posted by: cv | 2007/02/21

Your nic says it all.Why do you think that you are brainless,while you have a perfect brain , now work with it.
You can always get yourself a pocket dairy and when you have to do something write it down,when you get at home,the first thing is to read trough your dairy, or try the next thing it works for me,when you have to phone somebody when you get home,get that person to sit on your head,make it very big,like that person is heavy and will only get off after you have phone her.(imagen it.) I can not see why your mother will think your are a bad person,ask first and see the reaction.

Reply to cv
Posted by: Brainless | 2007/02/21

Oh and i am also always tired. Even so tired that i have no energy for sex, and that is a big problem. No sex drive at all. Sorry for the details but i have no where else to turn.

Reply to Brainless