Question
Posted by: Ang | 2008/02/01

Memory loss

Hi Doc,

I'm a healthy 21 year old. (As far as I know) I follow a healthy diet and get enough excercise. I have a moderately stressfull job, but I have been through much worse. I was always a good student and didn't struggle too much with giving attention in class.

Lately I can't seen to consintrate. When I'm in a conversation there is no problem to get the message but when I just have to listen I can't keep up for 2 minutes. I'm also struggling with my memorie. I can't seem to remember half the stuff I used to.

I have started keeping a diary just to not make a complete fool of myself but it's getting up to the point where I'm seriousely getting concerned. I never used to be so scatter brained!

I'm taking Nuzak once a day for some mild depression and I'm on Nordette. I'm switch to Triphasel in a couple of days though. I've started gaining weight for no reason as well. I follow the diet docs guides and nothings seeming to work. That's why I'm changing from constraceptive. I think it might be a hormone imbalance seeing as there is nothing wrong with my thyroid.

Sorry for the long letter but I really need some help.

Kind Regards
Ang

Dear Ang

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you take Omega 3 supplements, as this will sharpen your brain's activity. You should also consult a GP for a full examination, as one of the side-effects of Nuzak is memory loss. There is also a possibility that you are suffering from ADHD (a condition that causes memory loss, as well as focus). It is therefore, in your favour to consult a GP, to have the correct diagnosis made.

Your weight gain can be due to the contraceptive that you are using, as Nordette and Triphasel is high in estrogen.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: dolphin | 2008/10/01

how long till i am covered from falling pregnant on nordette???? i was told 2 weeks? is this correct???

Reply to dolphin