Question
Posted by: michelle | 2004/11/08

Memory loss

Please advise what I can do about my poor short term memory. I am easily distracted, and this is affecting my job.

Please help.

Michelle, assuming that you’re healthy and not on any drugs, it is most likely due to you being too busy or preoccupied. Other causes include severe tiredness, thyroid problems, sugar problems and of course neurological problems. The best would be to see a neurologist and to get an objective measurement of your memory done. Once it is determined how bad your memory really is, you can start looking for a cause. Good luck.

1
Posted by: dilly | 2004/11/08

I know how you feel. I end putting the milk in the cupboard and the coffee in the fridge. Sometimes I have know idea why I walk into someones office or a room in the house. I forget the most simple things and it can get really frustrating. I constantly lose things, sometimes I'll pack my cellphone in my bag, seconds later forget and then spend 10 minutes looking for it until I ring it off the land line only to find it is already in my bag???

Reply to dilly