Question
Posted by: MARTINE LONDON | 2007/04/23

Memory - help

hello,
over the last month i seem to be suffering from short term memory loss. I have always been a bit funny, but lately it has started to become a bit of an issue.
I can't remember anything from a few minutes ago to why i was doing something or parts of conversations. It has affected me at work once or twice and affects me at home, when I think I have done something and I haven't.
I also see to be creating or thinking new momories, eg I have a good recolection of talking to someone abotu something but i hadn't even spoken to the person about it yet.
It is starting to worry me. I do have a history of depression and have been a bit low every now and then, but have never had any memory loss like this.
I also urinate a lot particulary during the night adn it could be as many as 7 times a night, with my bladder feeling full the minute I lie down again.
Your help on both matters would be much appreciated.

Dear Martine
Please ask your GP to refer you to a psychiatrist as this can be signs of schizo-affective disorder - if they find nothing wrong the second step would be to see a neurologist and get an MRI of the brain ( but this is the expensive part) Your GP also need to do a good medical examination and also test your urine for infection and sugar.