Question
Posted by: Memory and Ginko | 2006/04/13

Memory and Ginko

Doc,

i purchased Ginko tablets from dischem that they manufacture themselves which contains 300mg of Ginko and 200mg of Gota Kola and the memory tablets have the following Ginko 40mg
choline 60mg, vitamin b12 3mcg, vitamin b6 3m6, lecithin 150mg. I sufferd a stroke in Feb o3 and was only 19 at the time only a mild stroke and was told to stop the contraeptive and i have, but ever since i have been taking the Ginko and Memory tablets I have a headache every morning, i dont know if it is the pills as they are naturla,

Can you help
God bless and Thank you

Dear Reader
Thank you for your good wishes. You need to discuss the use of these tablets with the dr who is treating you for the stroke. I think all the ingredients except the Gingko may be beneficial, but I seem to recall that Gingko could increase blood pressure. So rather be safe than sorry and contact your dr. Tell him/her about the headaches too because this could be a potentially dangerous symptom. You can ask the chemist for a vitamin supplement that contains all the vitamins and choline and lecithin, without the Gingko if the dr says you should stop taking Gingko.
I do hope you will soon feel better.