Question
Posted by: Zoey | 2010/07/27

Memory &  recall

Good day

I''m a 33 year old lady and I can recall things that happened as far back as when I wa sthreee year''s old, even though the earliest memory are very light and dont have much detail just prenominition like recall. When ever I chat to people about this and tell them what I recall, they give me a funny stare. How far back are people supposed to recall?

Generally, one has no memories for our earliest years, because the brain hasn't finished developing when we are born, and we don't have the system in place to remember things in the usual way. Some people seem to have small indistinct flashes of memories from early years.

Most "memories" of our earliest years are really unreliable, and may be mock memories, based on what we have been told and thus what we EXPECT to remember.
Usually its around 4 to 5 that we start forming more usual memories. Obviously, too we don't recall everything, as so much happens, and so much isn't of enough importance to want to recall

1