Question
Posted by: Bels | 2007/03/23

Melodene then AI question

Hi doc

I have PCOS and was put onto Melodene to reduce a big fibroid and ovarian cysts. I will have my laparoscopy next week.

I have been on the Melodene for two months and was ttc for 4 years prior to that.

We are going to go for AI soon and I wanted to find out how soon after going off the Melodene can we have the AI done?

Is two months long enough to have been on the Melodene, or might I have to stay on it for a longer period?

Thank you in advance!

Bels

Dear Bels

You can go for AI immediately after stopping Melodene. Melodene may help decrease the cyst, but will do nothing for the fibroid, which will need to be removed surgically if it is too large.