Posted by: beee | 2008/10/22

Melamine found in dog food

I did a seearch on melamine today and found that it was found in dog food again in China.. Should we as south Africans become more weary again and asked for proof from pet food suppliers that food has been tested? I am scared that it will spill over to South Africa again.....

Dear Beee

After the scare in South Africa all the companies are doing a massive amount of testing and are sourcing proteins from other places. I worry more about the crime and cost of living in our beautifull country.

Posted by: bonzi | 2008/10/29

We have a very ill (imported) German Shepherd puppy at the moment. Diarrhea and vomiting started after his first meal from a new bag of popular dog food bought from the Vet.

I have just had confirmation of a third case this week of dogs with the same symptoms, eating the same brand of food, and all the while the news is *full* of reports of many different products being found contaminated.
Every day more and more tons of additives are being destroyed around the world. Coincidence? I doubt it, with South Africa' s history as a " dumping ground"  for other people' s trash....

Reply to bonzi
Posted by: Chill | 2008/10/22

Very sad, BEEE - but what' s your point?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: BEEE | 2008/10/22

Animals are special and we need 2 take care of them and their wealfare as well... I lost 2 brother in laws due to crime... one of them in the Jeppestown shooting and He cared about his police dog as welll...... His dog' s live came before his when he was on duty......Crime is rough in SA but animals can' t take care of themselves.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to BEEE