Posted by: sunny | 2009/02/19

Mega Static Shocks? Science or Mutation?

I know that a human being get electricuted or shocked by static eletricity,i have heared that static electricity can send sparks but that is no big deal a lil puny spark,right???? i have never heared a man getting heavily electricuted by it but the funny thing is that i often get that shock,till this very day, let me explain it to u more precisely, its just that my pc has an earthing problem n i stay around it a lot,sometimes when my luck runs out i feel very feeble vibrations in my body n just then if i come in contact with ne metal or other person i get shocked n even shock them,n im talking abt serious shocks, believe me i hear the blast i see the spark n it brightens up the 1/3rd of the room.even my friends have felt that shock n one time i just hit my friend he n i felt the shock in our hearts, it just felt like a shock given to dying patients,i have never heared a static shock to be that big. is this normal?? I know it has something to do with positive n negative charge of electrons but how can it be so big where u see the spark where u hear the blast,why is it so powerfull? i have felt this static shock just like getting shocked with the regular current voltage running in our homes n electrical appliances. Is this normal????

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

You can't get electrocuted (i.e. killed by electric shock) by static electricity, under common circumstances, with one exception: getting struck by lightning, which is a form of static electricity, or static discharge. An electric shock from static electricty is usually mild, although it does happen more often to some people, and some experience it as a larger, and more unpleasant shock than it is for most people. However, what you describe sounds like a much greater shock than is normally associated with static electricity. Does this only - or mainlly -
happen when you are in your home? If so you should have an electrician check it out, and definitely have your PC seen to.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.