Question
Posted by: Challenge | 2006/03/31

Meeting

Hi All

I would realy like to know, can one challenge a manager, team leader in a meeting if they speak in a very disrespectful, undermining way, what are my rights. Can I call them to order by asking them to address the meeting professionally.

agree with Buzz ; depending on the cicumstances, select the right setting, and make the challenge politely. Also, discuss the isue with the HR dept. As me says, NOBODY in ANY position is entitled to be rude, disrespectful and undermining to anyone else.

2
Posted by: Me | 2006/03/31

Ofcourse. no one is entittled to be rude or disrespectful because of their position. all you can do is to calmy, in a respectful and professional way tell him/her that in as much as you respect his/her opiniouns, he must talk and treat you like an adult. i also think reporting this to HR dept should help.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Buzz | 2006/03/31

If someone treats you in a disrespectful manner, you have the right to insist on better treatment, regardless of their status in comparison to yours.

If your manager is treating someone else disrespectfully in your presence, confronting him in front of others, might be to your own detriment. If you feel so strongly about the issue, approach him one-on-one in an assertive, but firm manner. If that doesn't work, report him to HR.

Reply to Buzz