Question
Posted by: Emma aka Adult CP | 2004/10/19

Meds helpful?

Dear SC,

This Friday I am going to the divorce court! The time has finally come (Emma Marriage a mistake). I am now really nervous about all this. I don't sleep well at night, my IBS is causing me problems, and I generally feel very stressed. I canot concentrate at work etc. I have made an appointment with my GP tomorrow. If she does prescribe some traqualizers for me, how long will they take to have an effect? I need to be very calm when I stand before the judge in court on Friday. I cannot be running to the loo every few minutes because my stomach is nervous! Yet I also need to have a clear head to answer the questions put to me convincingly!

Please help, I am in a panic right now. If I get meds on Wednesday, will they help by Friday?

Thanks.

Dear Emma,
GOod luck, and we hope all goes well in court. Most of the tranquillizers prescribed have a really rapid impact ; be cautious, as they're a bit like alcohol, and can make you a bit drunk and they're sedative so they can make you drowsy ( snoring in court isn't very helpful !). Start taking them tomorrow or at least Thursday, so you are at least a bit used to them before the big day, rather than be wondering how they might afect you, then.
Nobody looks forward to going to court, even when they're in the right, but the procedure is supposed to help both of you. If you are being represented by a lawyer, make sure to meet with him beforehand, so he can explain procedures and what will and won't happen, and what you need to do, so you can feel less worried about it all.
And it's likely to fel a great relief, when it's all over. Rather like after an exam.

2
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/10/19

Resque drops from Natura work wonders for stress. I get almost immediate relief without the depressant side effects I have had from tranquilisers. So, if your doc doesn't prescribe tranquilisers then perhaps you can try the resque drops.
Best of luck with your court case.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: CJT | 2004/10/19

Get a prescription for Xanol works immediatelly and very well you will however only be able to get a few if required you can go onto other meds for general depresion IE Cypramil.

Get that Xanol though will help you tremendouslly

Reply to CJT